The focus of Dr. Rothenberg's clinical practice, at the Center for Counseling and Sexual Health, is working with individuals and couples who want to feel better about themselves, improve and transform their relationships and enjoy their sexuality in order to enhance their overall quality of life.
Counseling and Therapy
Michael Ian Rothenberg, Ph.D., LCSW is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Board Certified Clinical Sexologist, Diplomate of the American Board of Sexology and a Certified Sex Therapist.
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Relationship Therapy
- Marriage Counseling
- Premarital Counseling
- Sex Therapy
As a leader in the field of human sexuality, Dr. Rothenberg has extensive training and experience with relationship issues, men’s issues, women’s issues, Gay/LGBT specific issues, sexual abuse and trauma, loss and grief, illness, cancer survivorship and sex therapy.
We specialize in treatment for online sexual addiction.
Dr. Rothenberg’s warm, accepting, non-judgmental, open and direct style helps to create a welcoming, safe environment where people feel comfortable to discuss concerns and issues that are often difficult to talk about.
Choosing a Therapist
If you were in need of the services of a highly qualified Cardiologist, would you choose to schedule an appointment with a highly qualified Orthopaedist? Well, of course not!
Both might be excellent physicians with impressive credentials but, of course, they specialize in very different areas. Therapists and counselors are chosen in the same way.
Why choose Dr. Michael Ian Rothenberg?
- Dr. Rothenberg is an internationally recognized specialist in Human Sexuality with a Doctorate in Clinical Sexology (Human Sexuality).
- Dr. Rothenberg truly understands sexual behavior and why people do what they do.
- Dr. Rothenberg has taught human sexuality, out of control sexual behavior, sexual impulsivity and sexual compulsivity to graduate students at both the University of Central Florida and Barry University.
- Dr. Rothenberg trains and educates other practitioners- Clinical Social Workers, Mental Health Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists on how to best work with individuals and couples.
- Dr. Rothenberg is both a marriage counselor and a sex therapist. It is very difficult to specialize in one area and not the other!
Dr. Rothenberg is a:
- Licensed Psychotherapist
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (SW 8380)
- Marriage Counselor and Relationship Therapist
- State of Florida Certified Sex Therapist
- Board Certified Clinical Sexologist
- Diplomate of the American Board of Sexology
- University Sexuality Educator
- Recognized Specialist on Sexuality and Sexually Compulsive Behaviors
1950 Lee Road
Winter Park, FL 32789
Monday-Friday 9am - 6pm